The Ill.Methodology: Wise Beyond Your Ears
This course is a transformation. It peels back the layers to reveal the musician you were born to be. Step out of the shadows and into your authentic self.
Go confidently into the unknown and harvest the depths of your mind. We can't wait to hear the tracks you'll make.
- Why do some people have a great time writing music when others seem to spin their wheels in the studio?
- Why do some artists seem naturally original while others languish in imitation forever?
- Why do some make great tracks using only 4 sounds when others use 1,000 to make crap?
- Why do some tracks made in a day beat tracks made in a year?
- Why does the work of some amateurs crush the efforts of diligent professionals?
- Why can some producers make 10 tracks in the time another producer only makes 1?
When you start with why, Wise Beyond Your Ears will jump your music knowledge 5-10 years into the future. This is the highest rated course we have to offer at the Dojo. Applied psychology and practical philosophy is our specialty and there is nothing else like this on the internet. When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Leap forwards 5-10 years in your musical journey
- Improve your ability to listen
- Hear and identify problems immediately
- unlearn the misconceptions that are holding you back
- design an ideal lifestyle for you and your music
- Build the constant motivation that keeps you coming back
- Be calm and confident when you get experimental
- Discover and refine an original style
- Master your process effortlessly
Hear like your heroes
To close the gap between the music you're making now and the music you want to make, you need to learn to hear like your heroes and notice what stands out to them.
you can become wise beyond your ears
80 percent of music production is listening. If you don't know what to be listening for it could cost you hours of work on each song and years of frustration. Once you can sense the invisible aspects of sound the barrier between you and your heroes' music will begin to dissolve.
Break out from basic
Armed with this new understanding the results will be incredible. If you apply these practical philosophies you will feel the change every time you sit down to make a song. Stop struggling every step of the way and develop a unique writing process that makes you sound effortlessly original.
spot the mistakes everyone else overlooks
If you're working hard, You can hit the target you're aiming for. But when it comes to the things that you don't know that you don't know, applied psychology and practical philosophy secrets can unlock those hidden doors. Let me help you improve your aim and your ear so you can hear what's missing and can take the right path to nail your targets.
Refine your style
You are not your genre. Your individual style and the attitude that you bring with each one of your songs are more important than any technical aspect of your music. Who are you? What are you saying? Why do we care? You will be able to confidently answer these questions by the end of this course.
start writing the
music you were
born to make
When "bad" is
leave your comfort
learn How and
why to shop for
Get in the zone and stay there!
Do you get frustrated waiting for inspiration to strike? Momentum is naturally inspiring. Results are naturally addictive. If you give your brain what it wants, it will take you where you want to go. Why wait for inspiration when you can hit the gas and get pumped any time you want?
What do the pros think?
Ill.gates has worked with:
Who is ill.gates? click play to find out!
lll.GATES is a bass droppin’, educatin’, oscillator modulatin’ space genius from the future. DJing since age 13, ill.GATES has had a long and lavish career in the music business. Known for his epic collaborations with Opiuo, KJ Sawka, Excision, Destroid, Beats Antique, Mimosa, Amon Tobin, Eskmo, Apashe and The Dead Kennedys, his music is no stranger to the top of the charts.
With 4 studio albums under his belt and hoards of unreleased original music ill.GATES is known for unforgettable live sets peppered with improvised finger drumming and original visuals. Many up and comers and professionals alike credit ill.GATES with breaking them out of their shell and into the music business.